Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Okay so yesterday was my birthday. I had requested that nobody make a big deal. I DO NOT WANT TO BE THIS OLD. I don't feel like I am 36. So after Sugar got out of preschool we had some errands to run and then we went to Bluebird for lunch. I tried to get her to be and act like Fancy Nancy but she really just wanted to be herself. Ashley broke out the new Kitchenaid mixer and made cupcakes RED VELVET with fluffy white icing. I got all of the Christmas stuff put away. Ashley had to run to the store for stuff and at that time we had a moment of excitement. I lost my purse. I probably do this 3 times a week. Its either my keys or my purse. See I don't not like getting older.
This was probably the best birthday I have had in a long time. I am a homebody (who likes to shop) but I don't like to be the center of attention. I purchased myself what I wanted and now I don't have to return any of my gifts. So it is okay to give yourself a day off for your birthday. I love giving my kids a big to do for thier birthdays but we haven't done that for a while either so this will be the year to party. I have to start thinking of Ashley's birthday right now because she turns 16 this year. OH MY I don't like being this old!

2 comments:

Heather Dodd said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I agree with you though I don't like being this old either because I still feel and act like I'm 25.. which I am clearly not nor do I look it but I feel it and thats what matters, except though I feel like I'm loosing my mind as well. I'm glad you had a great one and that you got everything you wanted. Hope all is well..

Allen said...

Well happy birthday!!!!!!!!! We need to get together soon and let the kids play and just visit.